Welcome Forums General Recommendations for Netflix

Receive email updates
Add to favourites.
Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
      Louanneto reply use @louanne
      Message Member

Lets share great movies or tv shows you would recommend on Netflix šŸ™‚

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Avatar photoLouanne.
        • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Avatar photoburkie.
        Co-founder BFFinder
        burkieto reply use @burkie
        Message Member

Really enjoyed The end of the F**king world for a short tv series. I started Mindhunter a long time ago – I really need to find time to catch up on that again though!

Co-Founder BFFinder
          Message Member

At the moment iā€™m watching the new series of Atypical, its such a lovely tv show to understand what with austim goes through!ā¤ļø The series Working mom was brilliant good laugh, and of course Orange the new black one of my all time favorite ?.

Co-founder BFFinder
            Janet-Tigger-Howleyto reply use @janet-tigger-howley
            Message Member

I must look up Atypical, it sounds good. I love “Call the Midwife” series

Message Member

@Janet , yea Atypical its so good honestly , i says Bronwen would love it too ?

Co-founder BFFinder
                Margarette Spillaneto reply use @margarette-spillane
                Message Member

If you’re into the horror genre then The Haunting of Hill House was very good. It’s a series and all of the episodes are on Netflix so there’s no waiting for any episodes.

Princeto reply use @ca-d-prince
                  Message Member

I just binge-watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. I’m not an Amazon fan normally but I couldn’t resist this show. The costumes alone were beautiful, the acting sublime. It’s funny and poignant. I loved it.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Prince.
                    David Clancyto reply use @david-clancy
                    Message Member

Umbrella Academy, Dynasty and virgin River

Joanne Delaneyto reply use @joanne-sharon-delaney
                      Message Member

Itā€™s gotta be green leaf

Message Member

Ah I’d forgotten about that! I really love season 1, it was so different from anything else, great family drama! I started season 2 but other ones got in the way! I must find some free time for it again!

Co-Founder BFFinder
                          Message Member

Did any of you watch the tv serie of YOU ? , canā€™t wait for season 2 šŸ™‚ , so good ?

Co-founder BFFinder
                              Message Member

That’s my Stephen’s Day sorted now! Can’t wait to see how this season continues!

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                Jon Daviesto reply use @jon-davies
                                Message Member

Hi, so I no longer have Netflix. I tend to just pay for one month at a time when I know that there is something on there that I want to watch. I did binge-watch ‘You’ in 3 days though, it was brilliant. I’d also highly recommend Dirty John, which has Eric Bana in it.

Message Member

Another day, another e-mail from Netflix…this time telling me that Season 2 of ‘You’ is available now…awesome!

Message Member

I watch the documentary of Dirty John and its was really good but never got the chance to watch the tv show but must fo that šŸ™‚

Co-founder BFFinder
                                      Message Member

I need to do the opposite! TV series was fantastic ?

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                      Kady Faulto reply use @kady-faul
                                      Message Member

It only has 2 seasons but Marcella on Netflix is fantastic if your into crime drama. I’m in the middle of watching season 2. I’m a disaster with trying to get time to watch anything. Another one I loved was designated survivor aswell.

Message Member

Had an e-mail from Netflix today telling me that Season 2 of ‘Lost in Space’ is now available; the first season was amazing, so looks like I’ll be reactivating my account later this evening!

Message Member

Really enjoyed Let It Snow last night, just a random choice but really nice and some nice unexpected storylines. šŸ™‚

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                            Message Member

Ya i started watching also! Its so good ??

Co-founder BFFinder
                                              Joanna Federicoto reply use @joanna-federico
                                              Message Member

I am currently watching ā€œYouā€ itā€™s utterly addictive and I canā€™t stop binge watching it! Really deals with how people can manipulate their way into your life. Also loving Atypical as it deals with life with a ASD child and Iā€™m the parent of a 15 ASD boy so I find it really easy to relate to but it would be also good just for a general watch as the story lines are good

Racheal?to reply use @racheal
                                                Message Member

Watched mindhunters
                                                  How to get away with murder
                                                  Gossip girl
                                                  Sons of anarchy
                                                  Suits
                                                  The crown
                                                  Call the midwife
                                                  Reign
                                                  All amazing watches very addictive !!
                                                  Any more recommendations please X

Message Member

@racheal I’ve watched many of those so hopefully, these will also be enjoyable!

• Damnation
                                                    • The Umbrella Academy
                                                    • Good Girls
                                                    • Dead to Me
                                                    • Ozark
                                                    • Bates Motel
                                                    • GLOW
                                                    • Shooter
                                                    • Northern Rescue
                                                    Co-Founder BFFinder
                                                    Message Member
                                                      Private: They sent a reply to just one member.
                                                      Co-Founder BFFinder
                                                      Message Member

I can highly recommend Line Of Duty & Bodyguard if you like crime-based programmes

Pamela Crowleyto reply use @pamela-crowley
                                                        Message Member

Here are some of the shows I’ve enjoyed
                                                          Mindhunter
                                                          Bates Motel
                                                          The Sinner
                                                          Ozark
                                                          Did I say Mindhunter lol
                                                          I think V wars also has potential

Also I know subtitles arent everyone’s cup of tea but if you do like them there are some great subtitled shows on Netflix
                                                          Dark
                                                          La Mante
                                                          Hinterland

avataravataravataravataravatar
                                                          Nadine Gregory Leleuxto reply use @nadine-gregory-leleux
                                                          Message Member

The Witcher and Russian Doll are both brilliant!

Message Member

@nadine-gregory-leleux I just finished The Witcher yesterday, it was a one day watch while I was working, but around the middle of it I was wishing I had paid more attention! But really enjoyable 1st series!

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                                              Nadine Gregory Leleuxto reply use @nadine-gregory-leleux
                                                              Message Member

They are just getting ready to start filming the 2nd season so a little while till we get a follow up! I binge watched season 1 myself in a day haha. Not normally into the sort of medieval fantasy genre but glad I gave this a shot as it turned out to be brilliant!

Message Member

Really enjoyed Season 2 of Sex Education – steady little season, flew through it all yesterday!

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                                                  Message Member

Starting watching Don’t f*ck with cats, a very hard watch but really good documentary!

avataravatar
                                                                    Co-founder BFFinder
                                                                    julianaayuto reply use @julianaayu
                                                                    Message Member

@louanne Yes, “Don’t F*ck With Catsā€ is really good. It raised a hard question for us viewer to answer.

I couldn’t keep up with long series so I opt for short mini-series instead, mostly documentary like DFWC, Cooked, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction, Planet Earth, The Crown, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Midnight Diner..

Currently I’m watching Night On Earth.. Next on list is Ragnarok

Paigeyto reply use @paigey
                                                                      Message Member

I think Peaky Blinders is good, not something I would have usually watched but was oddly addictive to watch. YOU, How to Get away with Murder and Virgin River are a nice selection too.

Andres Queroto reply use @andres-quero
                                                                        Message Member

Breaking Bad!

avatar
                                                                          Sharonto reply use @sharon
                                                                          Message Member

Fleabag is really good but dont know if its on netflix.

• #8064
                                                                              Mark Harristo reply use @mark_harris
                                                                              Message Member

Fleabag is good, phoebe Waller-Bridge, is genius, her live show was great to!

• #1841
                                                                              tamihhto reply use @tamihh
                                                                              Message Member

I love the way she look at the camera like you are part of the scene. Just brilliant!

• #1847
                                                                                Sharonto reply use @sharon
                                                                                Message Member

And the hot priest!

• #3223
                                                                                  Message Member

Oh I love a good crime documentary ?? I canā€™t remember of the name of the ones I watch recently, will have to look them up later ??. I am big on any tv show also.

Co-founder BFFinder
                                                                                  • #5315
                                                                                    Asheve85to reply use @asheve85
                                                                                    Message Member

If you love crime documentarys the staircase is a good one to watch

avatar
                                                                                    • #5456
                                                                                      Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                      Message Member

• #7400
                                                                                        Little_Redto reply use @little_red
                                                                                        Message Member

Money Heist! Entertainingā€¦ season 3 out Dec 3rd! Worth a look!

• #7568
                                                                                          Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                          Message Member

I recently watched peaky blinders and have to say its really good. I like Suits but it’s not everybody’s taste.

• #7981
                                                                                              Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                              Message Member

Love peaky blinders …

• #7980
                                                                                              Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                              Message Member

There is a new show on Netflix called Norsemen quite funny

• #8066
                                                                                                Mark Harristo reply use @mark_harris
                                                                                                Message Member

I really love vexed on Netflix, crime but itā€™s a comedy, with Toby Stephens!

• #8635
                                                                                                  Dublinfriendto reply use @dublinfriend
                                                                                                  Message Member
                                                                                                    Private: They sent a reply to just one member.
                                                                                                  • #9082
                                                                                                    DirkVanDomto reply use @dirkvandom
                                                                                                    Message Member

Anyone watch Midnight Mass? That’s a really good spooky show. Katka is also really good, creepy stuff, one season and down, perfecto. I mostly like watching European horror or sci fi shows, Le Chalet is a great French one. Cowboy Bebop is also great if you like sci fi / adventure stuff

• #9134
                                                                                                      Katy Delaneyto reply use @katy_delaney
                                                                                                      Message Member

The Vampire diaries but Iā€™m slightly biased as itā€™s literally my favourite show everšŸ˜‚
                                                                                                        How to get away with murder is amazing
                                                                                                        SWAT is really good also
                                                                                                        Gilmore Girls is great
                                                                                                        Lucifer is one of my Top 5
                                                                                                        Dexter

avatar
                                                                                                      • #9270
                                                                                                        Message Member

@Katy_Delaney have you started Dexter: New Blood? That’s been absolutely amazing so far! Need to get back into Lucifer, I think I’ve just seen the first 2 seasons.

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                                                                                        • #10402
                                                                                                          Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                          Message Member

Hi, I am into crime documentaries and I enjoyed watching: Night Stalker: The Hunt For a Serial Killer; The Confession Killer; Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel; Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills’ @louanne Don’t f*ck with cats was also good.

@burkie
                                                                                                            I have seen Dexter: New Blood, but I was not happy how it ended… It only reminded me about the season finale of the GOT and my frustration ;( I love original Dexter though.

• #15258
                                                                                                            Thomas Mcmullento reply use @thomas_mcmullen
                                                                                                            Message Member

I like watching the crown on netflix, is very good, i like the old fashion and the fact and the people

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome

To view the 51 replies and contribute to this topic please register.

Sign Up