You can register or login via email.

Lets introduce ourselves!

Welcome Forums General Lets introduce ourselves!

Receive email updates
Add to favourites.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • Author
      Louanneto reply use @louanne
      Message Member

Hi everyone, let’s start a tread to introduce each other 🙂

I moved to Ireland back in 2012 from Canada when I met my now husband online. I am a stay at home mom of 2 little monkeys ?. So my day consists of the usual mom stuff. I know interesting eh ?? I am fluent in french, english would be my second language! I love going out and meeting some friends for coffee (I love coffee) or even having them to call over for a chat! 🙂

avataravataravataravataravataravatar
        Co-founder BFFinder
        burkieto reply use @burkie
        Message Member

Liam – I studied Multimedia & Communications in Clonmel, graduated and found it hard to get my foot in the door so began a job in Abbott and 4 years later decided it was time to get out and start my own business. I’ve been working for myself for the past 9 years. I’ve been lucky to have worked with numerous clients from large corporate companies to small local businesses. And in my spare time I love to work on side projects and always strive to learn new things, currently trying to read more and aiming to learn Polish & get through a few books in 2020.

avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
          Co-Founder BFFinder
          Janet-Tigger-Howleyto reply use @janet-tigger-howley
          Message Member

I’m Janet, but better known as Tigger. I love my family, travel and adventure. I home school my youngest children and we take advantage of special offers on flights and ferry crossings. Recently we went to Italy, Romania and Bulgaria and loved every second of it, travel is such a great education for the children and the gain so much from these trips. I love meeting new people and have many friends from all walks in life, it keeps life interesting. I love lots of different crafts and find creating things keeps my mind busy. I love the out doors and I try to spend a few hours outdoors everyday. I love camping both in Ireland and mainland Europe. I wish you ever success with this website, it is a great idea and will hopefully bring lots of people together

Nadine Gregory Leleuxto reply use @nadine-gregory-leleux
            Message Member

Howzit! I’m Nadine, originally from South Africa and have been here in Ireland for 9 months now. Living in beautiful bohemian Galway and loving this city! I’m a full time working singly mummy also currently training for an Ultra marathon in Donegal called the 7 sisters that I can’t wait to experience! I like this idea very much as still haven’t really made many friends here in Ireland and this seems like a cool way to do it!

avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
              Ivanto reply use @ivan
              Message Member

Hello everyone! Firstly – thanks Louanne & Liam for making this site, it’s excellent!

I’m Ivan from Croatia and I’m living and working in Ireland (Galway) since 2015.
                Along with my full time job, I’m doing online course (L6) IT Sligo.

My fav hobbies: music (electronic music production), photography (amateur photography), cycling (I like to cycle daily, minimum 20 km) and sugar at the end – cars 😉

Looking forward to meet new people 🙂

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Marie Doyleto reply use @marie-doyle
                Message Member

Hi my name is Marie (39) I am from Tipperary and now live in Dublin the last 20 yrs. My fav hobbies are baking, crochet, hiking, cycling, spin and yoga. I also love eating out, afternoon teas and coffee/chat. Looking forward to meeting new people.

avataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
                  Jon Daviesto reply use @jon-davies
                  Message Member

Hi everyone! So my name is Jon (33), currently live in the UK at the moment, however I’m looking to move to Galway as I’m in the process of writing a bid/proposal that will hopefully allow me to take over the operations of the air service that operates between the Aran Islands and the mainland. I originally wanted to join the military, however I wasn’t able to do so at the time due to my eyesight so I turned my attention to commercial aviation and have previously worked at Gatwick and Heathrow airports and also for a private jet firm (believe me, it’s not as glamorous as it sounds…!). Taken quite a bit of time off lately due to mental health issues, however I’m really excited about the prospects for the future and have high hopes of starting a new life in Ireland very soon.

julianaayuto reply use @julianaayu
                    Message Member

Hello you beautiful people,
                      I’m Juliana, originally from Malaysia, have been living in Ireland for the last 16 years. I love travelling and outdoor activities, always willing to try new things to do but then I get bored pretty easily and move on to another to-do-thing.

….

Sorry. What was I saying?
                      Oh yeah. I enjoy meeting new people, hanging out with delicious food and good story. I’m travelling to Central Asia in March for 2 weeks and always on a look out for ideas on places to visit.

I also have weird sense of humor, it threw people off at the start, but I find inappropriate jokes could sometimes ease the mood.

Sometimes.

Anonymousto reply use
                      Message Member

Hey im 24 im living in dublin im just back from being in australia for a year.

Sabrina Bato reply use @sabrina-ba
                        Message Member

Hi
                          I am 34 and recently moved to Dublin.
                          I like music, baking, cooking, animals, yoga, homemade, meeting friends for a coffee or drink. Travelled a lot which in unfortunately put on hold.
                          Feel free to pm me 🙂

Cat3773to reply use @cat3773
                          Message Member

Hi, I’m Caitriona, from Carlow. I really hope that people make use of this wonderful platform to meet new people. While Ireland may be known as the land of a thousand welcomes, when it comes to making real strong friendships in adulthood, Ireland can be very cliquey. If you move town or country it can be extremely difficult to find lasting friendships here. This site deserves lots of publicity and I really hope people make use of it. The very best of luck ?☘️

BohoGal20to reply use @bohogal20
                            Message Member

Hi Catriona from Carlow ? I agree, we are a great ppl here in Eire but so hard to find solid friendships in adulthood. With everything going on with Covid, it’s obviously harder. I hope ppl that are feeling isolated or lonely find out about this platform. Good topic!

BohoGal20to reply use @bohogal20
                              Message Member

oh god awks, I didn’t see any of the other replies and thought Catriona from Carlow started the thread.. Hi everybody its obvious that I’m the ditz of the group ? I’m from waterford, love walking the dogs, meeting up with friends/family, Shopping, baking, Reading, lots of other stuff too. Nice to meet you all

Fionato reply use @fiona
                                Message Member

Hi, I am originally from Cork but now living in Tipperary. I only moved here last summer & Ihaven’t really got to know anyone here yet. This Covid lockdown isn’t helping. I fill my time with movies, podcasts & cooking. I hope to make some connections through this lovely platform. I have two dogs to keep me company.

Aibhleyto reply use @aibhley
                                  Message Member
                                    Private: They sent a reply to just one member.
                                    Message Member
                                      Message Member

This is the wonkiest site I’ve ever seen. Sorry for the silly posts. The edit button doesn’t seem to work and I’ve no idea how to do anything on here. I’m not normally this ‘special’ I swear. I miss GirlCrew’s functionality. Feel free to msg if you like my profile and have figured this site out. Cheers. (Believe it or not I work in tech, this is embarassing, lol.)

Message Member
                                          Co-Founder BFFinder
                                          Anonymousto reply use
                                          Message Member

Hi! I’m Alex and I’m brand new to the site. Living in Dublin my whole life (except a couple of years in Japan). Just looking to chat to new people and hopefully find some new friends to meet up with when social distancing isn’t so strict ☺️

Message Member

@hernameislalex Hi Alex and welcome! We have a Gatherings feature that we turned off due to Covid-19 but hopefully in the coming weeks we can add that again so you can post up coffee chats, shopping trips, or book club chats for people to attend.

How was Japan? My sister and nephew have had a few trips there and they were all asking for photos with my nephew 😀

Co-Founder BFFinder
                                              Fionato reply use @fiona
                                              Message Member

@burkie Could you please add it again so that people could meet for a socially distant walk or coffee? Or even add a book club online chat gathering? At least people could form connections on here before the restrictions lift & have gatherings to look forward to.
                                                I’m near Tipperary Town if anyone is close by & would like to meet.

Natalia Gómezto reply use @natalia-gomez
                                                Message Member

Hi everyone,

This website is lovely! I’m Natalia, 34 years old. I’m from Argentina and have been in Dublin for 3 years. I am an engineer and environmentalist and work for an energy efficiency company here. I like everything to do with sustainability, animals, nature. I love books, movies, music, travelling, good veggie food, bakery. I’m in love with Ireland and it’s people, and would be good to find new friends when restrictions are not so strict 🙂

Denise32to reply use @denise32
                                                  Message Member

Hi I’m Denise.
                                                    I’m 32, living in Laois, mammy to 3 kids and work from home.
                                                    Being home all the time can feel like I’m crawling the walls sometimes so it would be lovely to get to know some ladies to meet for a chat, a walk or any get togethers.
                                                    It’s hard to make genuine friends but fingers crossed hey ?

Laura Wernlito reply use @laura-wernli
                                                    Message Member

Hello! I’m Lauri and i’m 26 years old from Switzerand. I fell in love with ireland when i was there for a language school 5 years ago. Since then i visit ireland once a year (except this year. thanks alot corona) and i would love to make some new friends to write and meet when i’m in ireland.

Shazzato reply use @shazza
                                                      Message Member

Hi there my name is Sharon I am from Co Ŕoscommon, I just came across this sit tonight. Its a great idea. As I am working from home all the time now it would be great to have the chats. It gets harder to make friends so I think this is a great idea.

avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
                                                        NiamhSlevto reply use @niamhslev
                                                        Message Member

Hi there, I’m Niamh and I’m from Dublin (don’t hold it against me). I’m a final year psychology student and crisis line volunteer as well as a wife and mam to a preteen… So long story short I need to get out of the house lol. I gave up the drink 1.5 years ago and as a result more than a few friends have drifted apart. Would love to find others to meet for coffee, walks, etc (when restrictions are eased of course!).

Eclairdto reply use @eclaird
                                                          Message Member

Hey all, Im 32 and looking to meet some new friends. As we all know it can be hard meeting people as you get older so I would be open to chatting or meeting some new people based around the Dublin / Kildare areas. I just want to point out that it is not me in the pic. I could not get through without one ?

Lize-Mari Putterto reply use @lize-mari-putter
                                                            Message Member

Hey guys and gals, I’m Lize 26 and living in Gorey Co Wexford. Moved to Ireland from South Africa but was raised in the UK too so I’ve seen a few things in my short 26 years. I’m a wife and a mom to a gorgeous 2 year old girl.

Looking for a friend or couple to be friends with around our age (26&29) either mom friend for play dates or non mom friends for drinks. Or mom friend for drinks and non mom friends for play dates haha.

I absolutely love dogs, am on a bit of a weight loss journey right now. I love to read but never find enough time because #greysislife.

avataravataravatar
                                                              Kathrinto reply use @kathrin
                                                              Message Member
                                                                Deana Whiteto reply use @deana-lefler-white
                                                                Message Member

Hi Everyone. My name is Deana. I have been teaching school for 25 years. I raise my two precious granddaughters (7 and 2). I’m always busy, but I enjoy it. I also have my own in home business. Helping others, showing gratitude, and dedication to my family and friends are very important to me.

mysticsusieqto reply use @mysticsusieq
                                                                  Message Member

Hi Everyone!

I’m so excited I found this site! I currently live in Seattle, Washington, USA, but am planning to move to Ireland in the next few years and hope to make some friends before I arrive. I’m 45 years old but people mistake me for much younger. Single and no kids. My ancestors were originally from Ireland a long time ago and I feel in my heart a strong urge to ‘return home.’ I visited Ireland in 2011 and can’t wait to come back. I’m currently studying the Irish language and hope someday to be fluent and live in a place where I can speak it every day to help keep the culture alive and growing.

I have lots of curiosity and enthusiasm about many things: music, photography, nature, contemplative spirituality, monasteries, history, travel, reading, psychology, bird watching, museums, architecture, long hikes, self-improvement, meditation. In my day job I provide tech support to librarians.

I’m a pretty quiet, introverted, easy-going person and hoping to make some deep friendships! Thanks and take care.

PDsalto reply use @pdsal
                                                                    Message Member

Hi everyone

My name is Paul. I’m currently studying creative writing in college with a view to working in TV. I’m 32, single, and don’t have any kids. I live in Dublin with housemates. I love to meet new people. I’m a quiet, introverted type. I’m a huge fan of the Smiths.

Larato reply use @lara
                                                                      Message Member

Good afternoon, everyone!

My name’s Lara and I’m from Switzerland. I’ve stumbled across this site in my search to learn more about Ireland and to get sort of a starting point, as I am currently looking for an employment in Dublin – it’s always been my dream to work abroad and now I’m finally in the position where I can actually begin to tackle it.

I studied translations (English and French into German) and am currently trying to learn Dutch, Italian and Irish, though the focus clearly is on Dutch. I’m interested in basically everything – as long as it’s presented to me with joy and passion, I’m on board (except all things mathematical, I’m at total loss here…)

Thanks to my dad, I’ve had a fascination for the northern european countries ever since I can remember and have visited Dublin a couple of times in the past.

Despite being interested in many things, I don’t make contact with new people too easily so I’m hoping to find one or two people on this site.

That’s it from me for now, and until soon!

Cheers,
                                                                        Lara

avataravataravatar
                                                                        Anonymousto reply use
                                                                        Message Member

Hi my name is Liv,
                                                                          I’m 35 and live in North Dublin. I have a 19 month son and I work shift work, so I tend to be off work during the week.
                                                                          I’m just looking to meet some new ppl as a lot of my friends have or are moving out of Dublin.
                                                                          I love going for coffee and having a chat.
                                                                          Hope to chat to some of you soon ?

avataravatar
                                                                          MJto reply use @mj
                                                                          Message Member

Hi all! My name is Mirjana, but people tend to call me MJ ? . I am 25, work in Dublin as a Clinical Manager and I would love to meet some new girlfriends! I am an open minded individual and would just like to meet some new friends ?

• #2456
                                                                            sinead_newtocorkto reply use @sinead_newtocork
                                                                            Message Member

Hi everyone! I’m Sinead, 34 from Dublin! I’ve lived a few places abroad and moved back to Ireland for good in March 2020…good timing right lol. I got a new job and recently moved to Cork city, and would like to meet some girlfriends to hang out and chat! I’m a big foodie, I love going for coffee or brunch, or out for dinner or wine. Have many interests and hobbies, including travel, running, food, and tv/movies.

avataravataravataravataravatar
                                                                            • #2460
                                                                              Jordan Barryto reply use @jordan-barry
                                                                              Message Member

Hi all! I’m Jordan, 25 from Cork. I was living in Dublin for the last few years and have relocated back to Cork City. I work in the field of Social Care. I love going for food, drinks, cinema, gigs, etc. I would love to meet some new friends ?

avataravataravatar
                                                                              • #2496
                                                                                Karen Quinnto reply use @karen-quinn
                                                                                Message Member

Hi All
                                                                                  New to here today with the hope of making new friends both online and offline (eventually). I live in Dublin and am happy to join in and look forward to getting to know new people.

avataravataravataravatar
                                                                                • #2534
                                                                                  Karimto reply use @karim
                                                                                  Message Member

My name is Karim

I am open minded and not judge

Taking the first step and not shy

Let start small things and Relized the fear is in the other side

I am making effort to stay in touch

Open my heart and I am my self

0833372734 WhatsApp

https://www.instagram.com/inter.karim?r=nametag

Don’t hesitate to ask me any things

Thanks a million

• #2729
                                                                                    Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                    Message Member

Hi everyone! I’m an American that has spent a lot time in Ireland over the years and I miss it soooo much! I’m an over-50 (!) gal that would love to make some Irish friends. I was originally drawn to the island because of ancestors near Killarney but lately have explored Cork City multiple times because of other ancestors. I day dream of moving there someday and would love to hear from any other Americans that have done so.

avataravataravatar
                                                                                    • #3056
                                                                                      UnlockBff_Vipul7to reply use @unlockbff_vipul7
                                                                                      Message Member

Hi all!
                                                                                        I am Vipul, 28 from India currently staying in Dublin.
                                                                                        Not new to Dublin but stuck in lockdown since I came, bad timing i know :/
                                                                                        I am a person focused in being varied, like to walk, talk and learn anything new and share. I work in IT for money, to survive and click pictures, write stuff and go cycling for heart and being alive 😉
                                                                                        Looks to be a great site and amazing people here.. Waiting for unlockdown soon and be friends with humans again ?

avatar
                                                                                      • #3130
                                                                                        wallato reply use @walla
                                                                                        Message Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Andy. I am 29 and currently living in Louth (although I have just bought a house in Co. Meath and will move there next year once it has been built).

I am both a secondary school teacher (Philosophy, Religion and English) and a college lecturer (Sociology and Philosophy).
                                                                                          I am lucky to have a wonderful fiancée, who is also a teacher but am looking to meet some new friends (male or female) who have an interest in film, history, travel and music.

I plan to attend a lot of concerts in Ireland and festivals around Europe once this lockdown has ended, so it would be ideal to meet some people who are also open to jumping on a plane to go and listen to some rock music!

avatar
                                                                                        • #3137
                                                                                          Dee Murphyto reply use @dee-murphy
                                                                                          Message Member

Hi I’m Dee, originally from Waterford now living in Donegal, my partner is a Donegal man.
                                                                                            I love walking, coffee chats, bit of keep fit not much ? Looking to meet ladies for chats

avataravatar
                                                                                          • #3138
                                                                                            Arun Kumarto reply use @arun-kumar
                                                                                            Message Member

Hi folks,

I’m 25 and have lived in Ireland for the past 2.5 years, started my journey in Dublin where I did my master’s from UCD and then moved to the lovely town of Galway, finally settled down in cork now!
                                                                                              I love all kinds of outdoor activities, been sneaking out to west cork for the past few weeks during lockdown but hit me up if you want someone to binge watch a show/ anime or wanna go out for a cup of coffee!

• #3197
                                                                                              Kath95to reply use @kath95
                                                                                              Message Member

Hi I’m kat! And I’ve just joined this site.
                                                                                                I am 26 and a irish traveller. I swear I’m not like what you see on TV ? any ways i don’t have any friends. I am married and stay at home mom. I’m more likely to delete this as I suffer from anxiety but here’s to trying. I understand the majority of ireland hate travellers but I am not bad just lonely.. also my username is my daughters

avataravataravatar
                                                                                              • #3312
                                                                                                Shelaghto reply use @shelagh
                                                                                                Message Member

Hi, I’m Shelagh and I’ve just joined this site today. I’m 42 and living in Kildare, (near Dublin) ,having recently moved back to Ireland after several years abroad. I’m married with two children. I like nature, reading, walking, yoga, travelling, art, good food… lots of things really! Moving back to Ireland during a pandemic coupled with working a shift pattern has made it harder to make new friends . Would love to meet some new female friends for a walk/chat/coffee.

avataravatar
                                                                                                • #3448
                                                                                                  Humanonionto reply use @humanonion
                                                                                                  Message Member

Hi, I’m Lauren. (26) and living in Cavan. Two of my best friends have gone to live on the other side of the world so I’ve been feeling quite lost lately. I am happy in my own company usually but recently it’s been getting harder. So I thought why not join this for the craic. I am outgoing, love being outdoors hiking or walking the dog. I’m a very “everything happens for a reason person” and I don’t take life too seriously. Love trying new things and meeting new people. My favourite TV shows are It’s always sunny and the office, so that’s really my humour. Looking forward to talking to like minded people.

avatar
                                                                                                  • #3481
                                                                                                    Jessica Bradyto reply use @jessica_brady
                                                                                                    Message Member

Hi everyone ! My name is Jessica and I’m a single mammy to a beautiful boy. I was living on the UK the last few years, came home just before the pandemic ! Its just me and my boy and it gets very lonely. Although I’m grateful for everything I have, I really feel like I have a lot more living to do, and I just want to find fun people to have in my life and my sons life. Im very spiritual, love the outdoors, love to cook and look after people. Someone message me please and restore my faith in humanity 🙏 p.s im in cork

avataravatar
                                                                                                    • #3751
                                                                                                      Woweyto reply use @wowey
                                                                                                      Message Member

Hi Jessica, it’s a pity you are in Cork. I’m in Killarney. My partner died 6 months ago and he was literally my whole life so it gets very lonely now. We didn’t have kids. If you ever around give me a shout 🙂 I’m 40.

• #3999
                                                                                                        Ann Hto reply use @ann_h
                                                                                                        Message Member

Hi everyone I’m Ann Marie but everyone calls me bid 😊. I’m a SAHM to 2 beautiful, lively little men,so life is go go go. My partner and I have recently separated so I’ve a lot more time to myself and been finding it difficult to be alone all the time especially when kids are in bed 😊. I’m a keen reader,Netflix watcher, love to watch sports and enjoy laughing a lot 😂. That’s me in a nutshell not very exciting lol but still me 😊

avatar
                                                                                                        • #4034
                                                                                                          Elyse Clarkto reply use @elyse_clark
                                                                                                          Message Member

Hi guys! I’m Elyse, I’m Australian and moved to Kilkenny nearly 5 years ago now. I absolutely love it here! I have found though since COVID that quite a few friends have moved back home and that has left me feeling lonely in Kilkenny, hence why I’m here! I love a good book, a good binge, a good pint and ofcourse a good coffee. If you’re around Kilkenny and want to meet up let me know 😊

avataravatar
                                                                                                          • #4158
                                                                                                            Andrewto reply use @andrew
                                                                                                            Message Member

Hello everyone,

I’m Andy,

I am currently getting used to the fact that I will be soon be able to visit friends indoors as I was vacinated on Friday. By the way, the one reaction I had to the vaccine shot was a dry mouth for an hour. Weird but could have been worse.

• #4238
                                                                                                              Sparshto reply use @sparsh
                                                                                                              Message Member

Hi,

Firstly thanks to the creators for making the site. I am seeing lots of similar interests and am hoping to meet people with common interests.

I am Sparsh and have lived in Cork for nearly 3 years now, although I moved to the countryside a while back due to my job. Being kinda socially awkward, its hard to find and connect with people with similar interests when you are not in the city. I love to read, watch tv shows (the weirder, the better) and travel. I am a trainee accountant at the moment, and although its hard to have some free time with the exams and everything, hope to meet and connect with people.

• #4767
                                                                                                                Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                Message Member

Hi I am Vanessa and I have been living in Dublin for the past 4 years! It was never easy for me to make friends especially living a new country (ah, I’m from Brazil), I was always really shy and very introverted person but I made some good friends over the years living here, but I feel that I lost touch with all those people and I have no idea how to make new friends, I just feel really weird and lonely lately so it would be great to get to know new people. I’m a little bit awkward, but I’m really nice, love to talk (after a while when I get to know the person), I love coffee, going for long walks, have a drink in a pub and many others stuff! 🙂

avataravataravataravatar
                                                                                                                  • #6595
                                                                                                                    Fito reply use @fi
                                                                                                                    Message Member

Hi Vanessa
                                                                                                                      Would love to catch up. Please drop me a line
                                                                                                                      Fiona

• #4792
                                                                                                                    Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                    Message Member

Hello everyone.

Nice to meet you here.

I’m Gideon. I’ve been in Dublin for 2 years. I’m an ICU nurse in Tallaght University Hospital. I’m quite introverted but it’s really nice to have close friends. 🙂

avataravatar
                                                                                                                    • #4963
                                                                                                                      Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                      Message Member

Hi everyone I’m Liam and am new today here. Saw this and thought why not try it. Love to meet new people who have similar interests like movies, coffee, history, walks, gigs,sports, pint in a pub. If you’re in Limerick and would like to meet up let me know

avatar
                                                                                                                      • #4978
                                                                                                                        Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                        Message Member

Hi all. I’m Patrick and I’ve just come across this site today. I lived in New Zealand for the past nearly ten years and I’ve returned home to Killarney in Kerry. All my friends have moved on and I’m just looking to meet some new people. I really enjoy getting out and about for some nice walks and hikes. I also really enjoy getting out with Rocco, he’s my white German shepherd. If you are in the area and fancy getting out for a coffee and a stroll feel free to let me know.

avataravataravatar
                                                                                                                        • #5070
                                                                                                                          Sid SKto reply use @sid_sk
                                                                                                                          Message Member
                                                                                                                          • #5306
                                                                                                                            Melissa Greauto reply use @melissa_greau
                                                                                                                            Message Member

Hello my name is Melissa, I’m currently living in Bolivia but I’m moving to Dublin in January if everything goes under the plans! I wanna meet amazing people from Ireland I heard that you are one of the most friendly people in Europe I can’t wait to know more about your lovely culture and stories, of course I wanna meet people from all over the world too I will be happy to share with you some of my stories. I firmly believe that we should go back to the time when we were children and making friends was very easy, you only had to tell another child “Let’s be friends” and suddenly you acted with all the loyalty and affection that a friendship of that age entailed. I love music, reading, outdoor and indoor activities and many more, hope to find great friends. Have a great day!

avataravataravataravataravatar
                                                                                                                            • #5897
                                                                                                                              Furioto reply use @furio
                                                                                                                              Message Member

Hello,
                                                                                                                                I’m Andrea, I moved in Ireland some years ago due to work.
                                                                                                                                Other than working I have a couple of hobbies, more than all books and games, but also hiking, when weather allows, and more than all nerd stuffs.
                                                                                                                                I also really like board games, and Table top simulator although great as a game, still cannot cope with the real board games.
                                                                                                                                I’m here to find new friends, as last year has been tough and many of those I knew left the country.
                                                                                                                                Feel free to chat me for a talk!
                                                                                                                                Have a nice day!

avatar
                                                                                                                              • #5922
                                                                                                                                Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                                Message Member

Hey y’all,
                                                                                                                                  I’m Sarah, 33 years old and originally from Germany but have previously lived in the US and Spain as well. I moved with my husband and our dog Chewy to the Cork area in 2020 (yep, great timing lol) for work and it has unfortunately been difficult to make new friends around here. I’m an easy-going person who likes to be active (I love hiking and yoga but I also like to try new activities). I also love food (cooking (as healthy as possible), baking, eating, you name it) or just having a pint at the pub is grand as well. I’m looking for some girlfriends to hang out with (whether that may be staying in or going out, doing active stuff or starting a hobby together, I’m down to whatever!). Would love to hear from like-minded ladies out there! Cheers, Sarah

avataravataravatar
                                                                                                                                • #6042
                                                                                                                                  Dearvto reply use @dearv
                                                                                                                                  Message Member

Hey everybody, I’m Dearbháile, 28. From kildare originally but living in offaly now for almost 5 years with my husband and two dogs. Would love to meet people from the surrounding areas (or even further away).
                                                                                                                                    I used to be a chef, and was then working as a nutrition teacher up until Covid. Now I’m back studying a MSc. Hope to hear from someone soon!

avatar
                                                                                                                                  • #6043
                                                                                                                                    Dearvto reply use @dearv
                                                                                                                                    Message Member
                                                                                                                                    • #6893
                                                                                                                                      fabiotheophiloto reply use @fabiotheophilo
                                                                                                                                      Message Member

Hello everyone! I just made my account here. I’m 27 years old, Brazilian guy living in Dublin. I came here originally to study English, 3 years ago, but now I’m just working in my area (Software Engineering). I like to talk about pretty much everything, and I’m excited to meet y’all 🙂

• #7018
                                                                                                                                        Kelleyto reply use @kelley
                                                                                                                                        Message Member

Hi I’m Kelly, 48 years young. I have recently moved to Ireland for the time being from New Zealand. I am living in a cute but run down cottage on lots of land in mayo. I was born in UK, moved to Australia, tried to come home a few years ago but that failed so I went to new zealand where I fell in love, still am in love but got my heart broken. So now I live here in Ireland hoping oneday the man of my dreams wakes up and takes me back home. For now I live a quiet life with my beautiful 15 year old daughter,
                                                                                                                                          We are trying to make the cottage a beautiful home, trying to grow our vegetables but it is very hard on your own. Some good friends, good company would make this just perfect. I’m into many things, cooking, craft, knitting, sewing, love animals, walking, hiking, yoga, meditation, self sufficiency and so much more. I’m a bit of an introvert and I don’t like criwds, shopping, I go but don’t like it that much, much prefer to be doing things at home

avataravataravatar
                                                                                                                                        • #7043
                                                                                                                                          Aileento reply use @aileen
                                                                                                                                          Message Member

Hi Kelly,

I’m Nuraini. I just joined this Bffinder thing today, after moping around the house for a few years. I’m 43-ish :). I’ve been here since 1999, from Malaysia. I came here as a University Student, fell in love with a classmate, married, stayed, had babies, worked, quit work, and now am looking for new things to do. A new chapter of life shall we say.

Your note resonates with me, in terms of the trying to make a beautiful home (I’m not too good at it though, it always seems to stay a mess, with 6 people to clean up after, maybe it’s not my fault), growing vegetables, crafting and animals. We have two pet rabbits and a few fish and a turtle. I have tried being self-sufficient but don’t think I’d be able to survive off my produces alone… at all. I like walking too, hiking not so much but will do it for health reasons. I love yoga, even tho it tortures me afterwards, esp the planking/core muscle poses. I’m also more of a home bird. Even my work friends have commented on this. I’d only go out shopping if I have to. I’d make myself attend work dinners and all that but it is something that takes alot of effort from me. I know it’s something I have to work on, like building a stamina/tolerence for it. It’s a relief now that I don’t have to deal with people that much, but at the same time, loneliness does creep up.

Unfortunately, I’m in Limerick, so meeting up would be unlikely. This might be both a relief and a downer :).

I don’t know if I’d make a good friend, but I can try.

I’m sorry about your heart being broken. From what you said, was it recent? That’s simply horrible. But I’m not going to make this about him, so what can I do for you? What would you like to talk about?

I used to enjoy cooking but have lost the spirit for it recently. What kind of crafts do you do? I’m trying to learn watercolour at the moment, but since it’s only my first year at it, I have nothing good to show for it yet. I used to be into cardmaking and have drawers of stuff 😛 If you’re interested in any of those kind of stuff, maybe I could post some of my excess to you. I don’t know how to knit but my eldest daughter does. She’s the same age as yours. I am just learning how to sew and mend clothes at the moment and am so pleased that I can now rescue my jeans/denims rather than throw them away.

Alright, that’s all I can think of to say for now. I need to get cracking at the daily wiping and sweeping, else my house would have no chance at being beautiful :). Take care.

PS: What do you plant in your garden? I need help as a lot of my plants seem to be dying this year. I’m starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the soil.

avatar
                                                                                                                                          • #8543
                                                                                                                                            DarkPassengerto reply use @darkpassenger
                                                                                                                                            Message Member

Hello, from America! This is my first post! I have been drawn to Ireland for as long as I can remember! I study Celtic spirituality and have been to visit Ireland twice!

I am just here to make some connections and friendships !

Hope to hear from someone!

• #8774
                                                                                                                                              Shumeel Mominto reply use @shumeel_momin
                                                                                                                                              Message Member

Hey All,
                                                                                                                                                I am Shumeel from India moved to Waterford, Ireland 3months ago. I am looking for friends to socialize. Anyone from waterford or nearby county can ping me so we can plan for weekends. Thanks.

• #9297
                                                                                                                                                Philipto reply use @philip
                                                                                                                                                Message Member

Hi all, Im living in Longfod for the past 16 years. Im working from home at the moment so, now that the christmas house cleaning for visitors is over, I thought i would reach out for some people to chat with. My interests are a bit nerdy: some tech, sci-fi, fantasy etc (but not superheroes , generally )I also follow the wide range of current and upcoming Irish bands, and like camping at some music festivals throughout the year. Hopefully I can get back to them this yeaar, after a 2 year absence.

• #9623
                                                                                                                                                  Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                                                  Message Member

Hi anyone reading this 🙂

My name is Jennifer and i am 33 and living in Derry. I am on here in the hopes to make some friends online and possibly offline. I am a carer for my parents so chances to get out and about can be limited.

Just looking for people to chat with who have similar interests or goals.

Some of my interests include reading [non-fiction], zoology [sadly i am without a pet right now lol] and history. Although i am not out as much as i used to or want to be i really love spending time outdoors, especially around the water – sea, lake, river, i like them all lol.

In terms of media interests i enjoy all sorts of music from pop, rock to trance and some classical. I enjoy watching comedy panel shows and documentaries and also tv series like The Office[US], Six Feet Under, Game of Thrones etc, also some older comedies – Faulty Towers, Gimme Gimme Gimme etc. Also some podcasts revolving around debunking pseudoscience.

• #18097
                                                                                                                                                      Agni Paulto reply use @agni
                                                                                                                                                      Message Member
                                                                                                                                                    • #10191
                                                                                                                                                      ting0310to reply use @ting0310
                                                                                                                                                      Message Member

My name is Ting and I live in Quanzhou City, China, which is a coastal city in south China. I hope to make interesting friends

avatar
                                                                                                                                                      • #10245
                                                                                                                                                        Cynthia Crawfordto reply use @cynthia_crawford
                                                                                                                                                        Message Member

Hello, I’m Cynthia and looking for friends and family in Ireland. I have lived in the Midlands for a few years but that is behind me now. I’m looking for a fresh start with even better experiences, adventures, and people. If you would like to get to know me better you can reach me at ceecee11200572@gmail.com.

• #15259
                                                                                                                                                          Thomas Mcmullento reply use @thomas_mcmullen
                                                                                                                                                          Message Member

Hi, My name is Thomas, Im 18

• #16211
                                                                                                                                                            Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                                                            Message Member

Hello,
                                                                                                                                                              first introduction on BFF for 2023!!
                                                                                                                                                              I'm Nicolas, from south France, by the Mediterranean Sea. I'm 43, have 3 children, 2 dogs and a cat 🙂
                                                                                                                                                              I'm a musician, a chemist working in Ecology and felt in love with Ireland and the Irish People a long time ago. I'm lucky enough to have friends living in Galway and visit them quite often.
                                                                                                                                                              I practice yoga, hiking, camping, cooking, playing guitar, bass guitar, trumpet, flutes…
                                                                                                                                                              I'm an highly sensitive person with a strong need for creation (writing, music, drawing…) and connections.
                                                                                                                                                              Even if I live far from Ireland, I'll be happy to meet people here, chat and maybe one day, meet you in person!
                                                                                                                                                              Have a beautiful day 🙂

• #16253
                                                                                                                                                              Bethwyn Whitcombeto reply use @bethwyn_whitcombe
                                                                                                                                                              Message Member

Hi, I’m Bethwyn, I’m 19 and Australian, I moved here 6 months ago with my fiancé who’s Irish, and our dogs will be flying over next month. I’m in cork and it’d help to find friends close to me. I love nature, going for bush walks or to nature reserves and wildlife parks, i paint and draw or play Minecraft in my spare time, but would like to meet people and start going out more, being more social. I can be really shy and awkward but once I’m comfortable I’m super goofy, loud and expressive. I’ve never had many friends and find it hard making friends, so I hope this site works. Check out my instagram if you want to see into my crazy life @1t5ya801

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                                                                                                                              • #16309
                                                                                                                                                                Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                                                                Message Member

Loving the energy 🙌

Hi 👋

I'm Gavin – love the outdoors and walks or light hikes – light because I am out of shape so I believe a difficult Hike would finish me off. Started up jogging again to address this.

Love playing squash but I am not the best at it…yet.
                                                                                                                                                                  Used to play and was quite good at badminton many a year ago. Shall look to maybe take that back up again at some point.

I am a filthy casual PS5 gamer 😎

Tea or coffee: Tea
                                                                                                                                                                  Barry's or Lyons: Barry's
                                                                                                                                                                  Dog or Cat: Puppers

• #17224
                                                                                                                                                                  Alessandro Gilto reply use @alessandro_gil
                                                                                                                                                                  Message Member

Hey there.

I'm Alex, I'm actually living in Japan at the moment but will be moving to Ireland in a year or so, trying to meet people to talk to.

I'm 35, single, no kids.
                                                                                                                                                                    Very introvert and stay at home person, but I love to chat. And reading books, tea, music (I play some instruments as well), playing videogames from time to time, going to restaurants, traveling and visiting new places. Would very much like to meet a new friend or two.
                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers

• #17960
                                                                                                                                                                    Jéssica Atmto reply use @jessica_atm
                                                                                                                                                                    Message Member

Hi everyone,
                                                                                                                                                                      I just found BFF. I`m so happy about this.
                                                                                                                                                                      I`m Jessica, nice to meet you guys.
                                                                                                                                                                      I`m Brazilian, I arrived in Ireland 11 months ago. I would like to make a friends.
                                                                                                                                                                      Me and my husband Danillo, we so friendly. We stayed here to learn English, so I’m sorry if I got the words wrong.
                                                                                                                                                                      We have a instagram that we share our life and travels. @documentandoomundo
                                                                                                                                                                      If someone lives in Cork, we can spend time together.
                                                                                                                                                                      Thanks a million.

• #18096
                                                                                                                                                                      Agni Paulto reply use @agni
                                                                                                                                                                      Message Member

Hey everyone,

What's the craic?

I am Agni and I moved to Ireland almost 2 years ago. I enjoy travelling, hiking, meeting new people and getting to know more about new cultures. I haven't had the opportunity to explore enough of Ireland due to living a busy life in a remote part of this country.
                                                                                                                                                                        If anyone feels like having a chat or meetup over tea, coffee or a drink, drop a message.
                                                                                                                                                                        Hope to meet some interesting people to share more with.

• #18237
                                                                                                                                                                        Michelle-30to reply use @michelle-30
                                                                                                                                                                        Message Member
                                                                                                                                                                        • #19571
                                                                                                                                                                          Markandeyulu Atchukolato reply use @just-mark111
                                                                                                                                                                          Message Member

Hi,
                                                                                                                                                                            This is Mark(27)
                                                                                                                                                                            I am from India. It has been an year for me in ireland. I recently moved from Galway to Dublin for my accounting job.

I am looking forward to making some friends here. Thank you.

• #19929
                                                                                                                                                                            Anonymousto reply use
                                                                                                                                                                            Message Member

Hi I’m Fiona living in Roacommon. 45 with 3 kids, love being social would love to meet new people for friendship.

• #20286
                                                                                                                                                                              Tracey Hollandto reply use @tracey_holland
                                                                                                                                                                              Message Member

Hi I’m Tracey and have recently moved from carlow to wicklow and struggling to settle and make friends, I’m 46 single and have no children

• #20313
                                                                                                                                                                                Ellie O’Reillyto reply use @ellieor1yahoo-com
                                                                                                                                                                                Message Member

Hi I’m Ellie ,
                                                                                                                                                                                  Living in Louth after many years living abroad. I’m a nurse , finding it a bit hard to settle after living away for so long but hopefully this is a way to meet new people and maybe some lovely new friends too. I’m in Louth but am happy to meet up for coffee ( I love coffee) dinner, drinks and chats x

Viewing 83 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome

To view the 85 replies and contribute to this topic please register.

Sign Up